Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Friday 28 November 2008

120

With the rain about, the weather has been so humid & hot that working in my Gyrlie Shed has been 'hot stuff' ... sorry - sick joke ... anyway it's that time of year where I need to get in & do some work on Christmas Presents.
I love a Christmas where you make the presents & I've challenged my sister to make me some little thing for Christmas this year as we all have to watch our money spending... more than usual, this year... I don't think a Christmas has gone by in the last 45 years, that I haven't made something for someone in our family.
I think the first Christmas presents I made was homemade lollies. I remember Mum was so impressed she even bought me those wax paper cups, with Christmas motifs on them, to put them in & she showed me how to wrap them all up pretty - if the truth be known she no doubt had nothing else but she made it sound like a very special treat/idea. Plus she taught me how to make a few more different sorts of lollies I didn't even know she knew how to make. I had made chocolate fudge a couple of months before at Domestic Science [now that ages me eh?] & my sister who was married by then & lived in the big smoke came home that w/e & was in raps about my fudge so I asked Mum if she would get me the ingredients to make them & some other lollies, of which she did. I can remember standing at the wood stove stirring & stirring so the fudge would be nice & smooth & come out just right ... man did my sister love it. Mum told her not to eat it too fast as it had taken me a long time to make & it had only just made enough for everybody to have some [think she thought there might of been some hidden away... ha ha] Our family have always had a sweet tooth. This is what I'm working on at present ... it will be a cover for a purse diary.
Thankful... for family & all those happy memories...

2 comments:

Cat said...

Ohhhh the lucky people on your Christmas list!! The embellished stripes are simply lovely!!

Have a happy day!

Art4Sol said...

There's nothing like a homemade gift....it says so much. Love your latest project.
Darlene