Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Monday 24 November 2008

116

Myy I sure have been AWL of late ... I've been fine just told myself I would not blog until I got a swap I'm in done ... it seems to have taken me months to do but I think all it was was I got a bit disheartened along the way but never mind they are done & in the mail so they should be arriving as their new neighbourhoods this week & O/S in a week or too...
So here is what I've been doing creatively ... In This House swap...
1st select material & make patterns for the cutting out of...
2nd Cut out material & do the fusing to felt[batting]& fuse backing material to visofix/vilene
3rd start the fun stuff ... sewing then embellishing...
4th sew the back & front together & finish the embellishing ...
This House is my House or Home ... inside the door it says 'a House is not a Home without Love at the Heart'

The second one is 'My Castle' ... behind the 'welcome' drawbridge it says 'My Home is My Castle'
My Castle is a bit of a tongue in cheek go at that fabulous 1997 Australian movie "The Castle" ... starring greats like Michael Caton, Anne Tenney, Stephen Curry, Sophie Lee, Anthony Simcoe, Eric Bana & Bud Tingwell. We have several friends that liken DH & me to the Kerrigan's in The Castle. A great movie to get out when you are wanting a good Aussie laugh.

3 comments:

Jane Norrish said...

Hi Bethel - we missed ya! Your little houses are just beautiful, you have been busy. Love them all - especially The Castle.
(Bud Tingwell is still going strong though - minor detail). Catch up soon sweet thing. Jane ;-)

artisbliss said...

This turned out well, Bethel. I love the drawbridge door!

By the way, I have a relative (distant cousin) named Bethel. Every time I see your blog I think of her. She's a lovely lady, too!

Joyce said...

Your little houses are very cute. I love that movie. I've seen it over and over and never get tired of it.