Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Wednesday 30 December 2009

187

Here is some more Christmas decorations before I have to put them away for another year...
The photo quality might not be too good as I took them late on Christmas eve...
This arch is going from our kitchen into our lounge - front door open cause it was soo hot... opps, sorry, that was to let Santa in... right?
I love to decorate this arch each year & I put the wonderful bauble decorations our eldest daughter has given us over the years...
The green tartan tells us when her first born arrived & the others over time when she gave us another Grandie... even Gilly gets her own bauble... the last Christmas she was home I got the lovely enamel bell... it is beautiful & very special...
You might not be able to notice it but there are another 2 decorations hanging in the arch & they are very special to me too, as I bought them when I went to Disneyland in Los Angles just before Christmas 2000, when Disneyland was celebrating it's 45th birthday. I'll try & take another photo of them tomorrow in better light.
Here is my garland of crocheted stars, hanging above the lounge - Michelle of Royal Sisters showed us how to make these this year with her generous giving of her granny twinkle pattern...
Here is our little antique metal swirly tree - I got that lovely fold-up tree on one of my craft teaching trips with Miss Lucy, when we went to Berry, New South Wales... not many decorations on it this year, just some of the extra baubles... we only have a little house so some things have to come in small versions... ha ha
Santa hadn't arrived yet but the postie had left a post box for the Grandies from their Uncle & Auntie who live way out west...
Notice the lovely painted cream can... I'll tell you it's story another time but it's extra special...
'No', Shrek does not belong to the Grandies, although they are always allowed to play with him, but he is actually mine... I got a great deal at a toy shop one year, so I got him for me... yes I'm a Shrek lover/groupie...
At Christmas time he is my Santa's Helper... doesn't he look smart in his apron... he's not at all grumpy over Christmas - Princess Fiona makes sure of that...
That's all for this time... more later as I have to go make my resident 'grumpy' some tea... ha ha
Angel Messages...
Be yourself, you could not create
a single hair or single finger.
Your abilities are granted to you
by the love & power of the Creator.

No comments: