Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Sunday 29 June 2008

Catch-up


I'm still madly trying to catch-up on what's been happening ... this time last week we were in Mackay to celebrate my girlfriend/bridesmaid's birthday - her 60th. It was a surprise and a surprise she got too as she had no idea what was about to happen so we have one up on her this time ... ha ha We seemed to be celebrating from Sat until Wed when we flew home as Shirley's birthday is on the 24th & I had mine on the 25th so plenty to celebrate... shhhh I have a couple of year to catch up to Auntie Shir[as our kids always call her...] Here is one of the shots of one of the many cakes we seemed to eat over the time ... ha ha - I did keep walking each day just to help with the cake overload ... Here are us Birthday Girls ...
For Shirley birthday I made her a special fabric banner, as we have been friends for over 40 years [we worked together for a time] so I thought it very appropriate to call it Forever Friends. Sadly the photos are not the best but I guess this happens when they aren't taking them at your own home ... The banner was straight & squared although to look at it here you would think I'd had quite a few drinkies ... Here is a couple of close-ups again not the best quality but will give you some idea of the sort of beads I used on some of it plus the gemstones - amazing what you can find in your stash somedays ... I think we all know that one ... ha ha
When we got home there was a wonderful parcel waiting for me ... books I had ordered from Amazons - will share those with you next time. My time is up now, it's the Grandsons turn - they are visiting with us over the school holidays and want to play some games.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Both your banners are great !!! - love them

Chris Daly said...

Hi Bethyl, Thanks for your comments on my blog. I love your banners. Very, very, nice. I'll have to pick up Laura W's book. I saw some her work at quilt show this spring. Wonderful stuff!

Paula Clare said...

Hi Bethel! Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing yourself...a pleasure meeting you!

Your fabric banners are FAB...since I'm a newbie to this whole quilting affair, I may be asking some advice. Your art looks much more proper than mine...I don't think I have the proper equipment to pull it off!

I'll keep up with you and your creating! Blessings!
Paula Clare
Paula's Palace of AltAred Art
http://www.pclouse.blogspot.com