Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Friday 6 June 2008

Adelaide Trip...

Lucy & I flew to Adelaide in the middle of May to teach a stamping project to the folks from Kaszazz [formerly Crafty Kids]. We arrived mid a very cool windy snap plus rain - I think we had nearly forgotten what it was ... ha ha First thing we did was go off to the Central Market? we have been before & loved them ... I think I'd be right in saying that we enjoyed the most beautiful mocha ever service there ... so delightful and of course I love to people watch so made for a pleasant experience. We had a lovely 3-4 days in Adelaide with great company. The venue for the conference where we were teaching was made to look like an Australian Shed and had these lovely sculptures at the entrance... The building was what could be described as a pole house/building made of very large tree/telegraph poles. The main area inside was divided by large rainbow drapes plus white tenting? looked like, but lots of them had paintings of Australian old country scenes & Australian icons in sepia and or burnt sienna. These sheets/tent walls could be moved to accommodate whatever the area was to be used for ... very interesting & versatile. Of course there were heaps of old relics around to be admired as well. Here is one section of one of the groups of folks we taught and the book we taught ... of course this is one I have added to, as we just taught the basic book given the time allowed. After we finished on the Sunday arvo we went back to where we were staying which was right next door - making it all very convenient for all. The sun was out and sunset was approaching so we decided to have a look around & find the beach. It was lovely & we spent an hour or so just taking photos and then some lovely photos of the sunset. The sun seemed to be setting over the ocean but a local told me that was because we were actually on a peninsular [who am I not to believe him?] and the sun was really setting over the beach/coastline. This was still wonderful to us as we live on the eastern coastline of Australia and the sun comes up over the sea there & sets over the mountains so it was a lovely sight to behold. We have had the most wonderful privilege to actually see the sun set over the sea in Western Australia when teaching in Perth a few years back plus when we were in California, 2000 on a selling/sightseeing trip. We sat in the park overlooking the beach at Oceanside on our way back to Los Angeles after our day trip to San Diego. I am most grateful for some of the most wonderful sights & great times I've had while travelling with my mate Lucy.
Here is a bit of a laugh for you ... our travelling company of late has been Lulu and of course when we got back from the beach she had been running amok eating the chocolate so she had to stay home while we went out for a lovely fish tea...ha ha

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

Nice to hear from you on my blog, Bethel. I see you're keeping busy!

Barbara said...

Hello Bethel,
ohh ...lovely to hear from you...weeks ago I send you an email because I bought two hats..banderos...and i wanted to know if these are all right...I have some pictures on my blog ...look at the sidebar and tell me your adress if I can sent you the post....both together are 9 Euro
kisses Barbara

Nic Hohn said...

Sounds like your trip was awesome! Does it get any better? Sight seeing and teaching!

Cat said...

Glad to hear you are having such great times, the trip sounds fabulous. Love the pictures.

The metal sculpture trees in the first picture are soooo cool! Wouldn't that be pretty with a Clametis growing thru the framework.

Well all sounds delightful! Tell Lulu to stay out of the chocolate!