Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Tuesday 19 August 2008

Smell.......

Can you smell this beautiful rose ... snifffffffff
This rose is spent now but I've had it two weeks - but why did I get it? you ask... No, it wasn't a pressie... Strangely enough I was sitting in our lounge having lunch & I said to DH that looks like a flower out on the road - of course, I had to go & retrieve it... don't know if it had been dropped by someone walking past or it had been thrown out in the rubbish [which had been collected that morning] but there was a dead rose on the road too...so I didn't want to leave it there as it was so lucky to survive our busy road. I brought it in ... recut the stem & just popped it into a jar of water and it has survived this long and it smelt beautiful - a great bright spot on my kitchen bench to brighten my day... simple things give sooo much pleasure...

No comments: