Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Monday 3 March 2008

Mr. Gecko or Mrs....

I love Geckos and we have a resident one inside our home who loves to catch moths etc around the kitchen light and then wonders up the hallway later in the evening. I've always referred to 'him' as Mr. Gecko but we got a little surprise the other evening when I came out of the hall. Gilly, our little dog, was sniffing something on the floor and to our surprise & I might add our delight, it was a little wee gecko. First of all I wanted to save it from Gilly playing with it plus it is so small we could so easily walk on it plus it was a photographic moment. I quickly scooped Baby Gecko onto a piece of paper but of course couldn't lay my hand on anything to show you some dimension of it so I just grabbed a lone earring that was lying on the bench - of course in all this time Baby Gecko is running around the piece of paper plus trying to jump off it [shhhh it succeed a few times] so here is the result of saving Baby Gecko. Now we are wondering if my calling Mr Gecko Mr is right or should I be calling him / her Mrs. Gecko ... ummmm Mr./Mrs.Gecko is about 15cm/6inches long. I had taken the first photo of Mr. Gecko a few days earlier as I was intrigued how he is up on the ceiling but arched away from the ceiling ready to pounce on an unsuspecting moth, so had been trying to capture that in a photo. When you think about hanging from a ceiling you would be hugging that ceiling for grim death so your body would be flat against it - like I did when I'd decided to climb a ladder that all of sudden wasn't all that secure - they reckon my body parts were sucked through each and ever wrung until I felt the good old terra firma underfoot ... ha ha I find these things interesting and wonder about them .....

No comments: