Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Thursday 20 September 2007

Sister's Golden Wedding Anniversary ...

Well no Art today been too busy talking on the phone with family & friends plus DH & I had to go out for a while so I talked him into coming with me to see our new Mega Spotlight that just opened last Sat. - I thought he was very brave as he hates going shopping but we had coffee and brought home some lunch so he was one happy chappie ... ha ha Ya know the old saying, 'the way to a man's heart is ....' works everytime...

I thought I would share with you what I made my sister for her 50th Wedding Anniversary ... which was back in April this year. I didn't want to give her anything store bought so I decided to make her something special and as I was the little flowergirl [well there is 12 years between us] I printed out my re-collections of how her wedding day went for me and stuck them on the back which they thought made for some interesting reading. It's a 10" X 10" canvas ....
The canvas was a lot of fun to make and although I couldn't fit the bridesmaids on the canvas I decided I would add
the colours of our frocks [as they were called back then ... ha ha]. So on my photo you will see blue & pink ribbon -
I wore that shade of blue and the bridesmaids wore the pink. Mum wore this steely grey with a blue hat & gloves.
To finish the canvas I painted some ribbon braid gold to run around the edge.
Who remembers bubble nylon & flock nylon - well that is what our dresses/frocks were made out of Joan/bride's was flock nylon with little flowers and the rest of us had the bubble.

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Bethel, Your new blog looks great - you have gone to so much bother with your header and setting it all up. I will be paying you a visit often here to see what more interesting things you have to show us!!

BrigitteG said...

Hi Bethel !!
Wowwww !! love that !!!!
want to see more of your work !! already when i saw your banner i thought.....ohhhhh ohhhh ohhhhh that is a 'real' artist 's work !! :)