Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Saturday 28 March 2009

151

Well I'm over it ... I've been feeling rather sad, forlorn & just plain 'Old'... but there is nothing I can do about it so I'm moving on with life...
What am I over??? ... over having our beautiful eldest child turned 40, yes 40, I'll say it again 40 ... now I'm over it ... think she is a bit too ... lol

The time has gone far to quickly since she was this gorgeous little baby ... but she has grown into a beautiful woman that we are so proud of, with two wonderful sons that we so love. While looking for this photo I found so many more & have spent several days going through them all & re-living wonderful memories, even DH enjoyed the trip back in time. After doing this post I have to go back into the spare room & put everything back in the cupboard ... never mind it was fun.
It's amazing how many photos I have of those times but also how many photos I have that I really don't need anymore so many double-ups - I think I should add it to my 'to do list' & that's to spend a week going through these photos & deciding what stays & what goes ... scanning is always a great option as so many have gone such dreadful colours ... When we shifted here I brought 4 large plastic boxes full of photos & photo albums - they were the one thing I didn't want to loose ... our poor southern- state fire victims & our northern-flood victims lost it all - but they still have the memories within themselves but I'm sure as time goes on they will have such moments of sadness for these past-memories lost, no matter how 'blessed' they feel to have themselves & loved ones saved, it will still be a fleeting sadness.

Not much action has been happening in the Gyrlie Shed this week but I did manage to make a couple of dozen PostCards for my PostCrossing so that should see me through for a couple of weeks. I had a great day at the CraftFest yesterday with my friend L & we even entered the Apron Challenge - what fun that was ... apparently we will be in the photo gallery of CraftFest next week.
Thankful for having ways of keeping our memories in visual ways...

2 comments:

artisbliss said...

What an adorable baby, and as they say time does march on. I'm happy for you all that she grew up in good shape and gave you some grandsons. Marvelous blessings!

Art4Sol said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful family!