Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Sunday 13 January 2008

Creating in the Gyrlie Shed ...

Well I have been really busy in my Gyrlie Shed - even had a break this week down at Fingal with my girlfriend but still was making these there too - ohhh no rest for the wicked...just wish I knew I was being so wicked so I could enjoy it more ... ha ha
I had a great time at the beach with L & M even went for a surf one day but paid for it over the next couple but gosh it was worth it ... Yes I will be doing it again when I go to visit... I don't think I've actually surfed for over 25 years so what a bit of a shock to the system especially as the surf was so rough with all the rain we have had of late.
WHAT HAVE I BEEN CREATING ... sorry got a bit sidetracked there ... The last few years I've made family & friends calendars for Christmas/New Year with photos - so a sortta scrapbooking thingo but using photos that are relevant to them & me over the last year. I start off with a back calendar that I print out ... adding relevant dates, tide times and on family ones, birthdays etc... I will add the photo collages in a slide show for you to see ... some will look simular but all are a tad different. I found a very old family studio photo before Christmas when I was looking for something else [ isn't that when you find the most important things] and I scanned it so our kids will be a tad surprised to see it among their the photos on their calendars... To finish off the calendars this year I've added two holes at the top with hinged rings and ribbon so they can hang them how they wish. Last year I went to the expense of having then bound with a ring type of thing but it didn't prove to be very successful so back to the two holes... life is one steep learning curve I feel ...

No comments: