Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Friday 26 December 2008

130

Ohhhh Christmas is over for another year here in Oz ... myyy this year has just flown & with only a few days left in 2008 I'm hoping that 2009 will slow up a bit but I'm guessing that it will fly by just as quickly as this year ... I know they say it is a sign of age but really even the young ones are saying the same thing...
I know some of you are still celebrating Christmas Day & I wish you all a lovely day full of wonderful memories & treasured company.
My girlfriend popped over for a few hours early then DH & I spent the rest of Christmas Day celebrating with my sister, her DH & our Mum - it's so sad to realise that we may not have Mum for many more Christmas Days as she be becoming frailer by the week but she did have a great day. My sister & I sat around, after lunch was all cleared up & the boys were doing their own thing [one sleeping, the other reading the paper] & Mum resting - it was just so nice to sit around talking, reminiscing. We see each other & talk to each other on the phone but it's always rushed, so spending time together is a very treasured thing.
This year I told my sister she was not to buy a Christmas pressie; if she wanted to give me something she was to make it - I think I've made some presents nearly every year, since I could do so, as I even remember making gifts before I was married. So she lashed out & made us a pair of very vibrant & royal purple coloured satin pillow-cases - in the real satin not that pretend stuff they make the sheets & pillowcases out of these days - what luxury. I made them a calendar - something I've been doing for a few years now but this time instead of photos/scrapbooking I did a little Art Quilt or Fabric Collage of some images I had seen in Quilting Arts mag. & added a purchased calendar to hang from it[the good calendar that has all the moon dates in it + all the other revelant info...] I was very pleased with it as it is one of the first things I have done in this sort of style - of course I forgot to take a photo of it so only have this one of my sister posing with it.
It says Adventure B4 Dementia ... they have always been mad about camping & fishing & have been members of the Grey Nomad's for over 20 years ... so they got a real kick out of it - of course it is going in the caravan ... lol.
I also made Mum one & it's one I cased in parts from Kellie of an Australian blogger with flowers & a butterfly but will have to take photos of it later... by Christmas Day I'm so tired [as I'm always still making at 1 or 2 in the morning] & I get very forgetful ... ha ha
Poor Gilly had to stay at home - here she is trying to talk me into taking her along ...
Thankful ... for treasured memories & safe travel

No comments: