Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Monday 8 March 2010

204

'tis the month of March... and I believe,
it is 'Crochet Month'... well...
'International Crochet Month' at that...
not that I knew about it until last year,
at the end of the month, so I've kept an
eye out to see what's happening...
I see where some folks have
CAL ???... ugh
Crochet A-Long... ummm
O.K. I get that one... ummm thinking
I've bought some new books recently
that are inspiring...
Amazons
This one came highly recommended by
Karin & the Hook & lovely it is...
Amazons
I've had this one a while & found
wonderful things in it, too... that I've tried.

I've done a bit more of this in a bigger size...
playing around with my pattern...

I've played with this new idea, too...
And I've made a few... well quite a few...
Irish roses for a project...

soo... I think I've decided....
Yes... I do think it would be Best...
Instead of joining a CAL...
it would be, far better, to get my UFO's
or would that be WIP's???...
And meself sorted out...
& get them all finished... done... finito...
That's what I think I'll do for
'International Crochet Month'...
What will you Do???

Even amidst chaos and in times
of trouble, remain calm & composed...
See they always have the right answer for me...

12 comments:

Mrs Twins said...

Hi Bethel.
Umm, well if it was me. I'd get my W.I.P's finished. I panic really when I've got more than one thing left to do. I'd rather concentrate on one thing. Had a load of Squares come this morning. Loading seemsto be a big problem today on Flickr. Still keep your eye out for them!
Hope things are great with you Bethel, and thank you for your wicked comments!
Hugs and Love Suex

Louise said...

I like a few projects on the go but too many makes me feel a bit muddled I have to finish a few off. I like the sound of your scarf/shawl thing, it sounds really interesting.

Karin said...

Yes dear Bethel, remain calm and composed........
and finish your WIP or UFO, whatever!

Don't tell anybody: I've ordered the Crochet Motifs book, I couldn't resist....

~X~ Karin

Bethel of Bethania said...

Thanks Girls looks like it's finish WIP... UFOs sounds like they were 1/2 made & forgotten, I think... that's not really the case with me, just my mind keeps traveling with too many ideas so I want to get the next thing started so consequently I have WIP... but I will sort that first.
Karin I don't blame you wanting to buy Crochet Motifs but don't worry your secret is safe with me... Mum's the word... shhhhhhh ha ha

Aussie Maria said...

I have a couple of projects going at a time, but finish them on a varying time basis. Keeps my brain active, working out which pattern I am up to.
But I love finishing them off in stages
The motif book is great, still playing with patterns, but they aren't needed so are on the slow back-burner.
Finished a couple this month already

Aussie Maria said...

Forgot to ask - Irish Rose?? - pattern??
And my word is "repting"
Yep, I am repeating

Karin said...

Hi Bethel,

You wrote:
"my mind keeps traveling with too many ideas"

I know exactly what you mean. Cannot sleep sometimes because of the bubbling brains ....

I invented a little notebook to write down all my ideas. That gives a little peace of mind.

~X~ Karin

Cat said...

What will I do? I guess I'll quilt for Crochet month!

I love the coaster!

Finishes are grand, that is a good goal!

Bethel of Bethania said...

Ohh Cat you keep quilting your quilts are just so beautiful...
Thanks for the comment on the coaster - It is one of our old CD's crocheted over... B

Mrs Twins said...

Popping over to wish you a Happy Weekend Bethel.
Be happy!
Lots of love Suex

Ines said...

I must confess I have numerous WIPs, UFOs and I feel comfortable admitting this as I have always eventually completed projects. Albeit there are times when the end result is nothing like what it was to be originally. I can understand where you are coming from as I also am thinking about the next project and often cannot resist temptation to start it.
I have found your blog via Mrs Twins and I have enjoyed the read. It thrilled me to see that we share gardening similarities....I have bromeliads in my hanging pots and create hanging pot towers.

sewlines said...

Found your blog via Mrs Twins and have enjoyed reading and viewing your garden.