Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Tuesday 2 February 2010

199

We have had the most beautiful rain over the last
few days... our garden is looking somewhat
relieved... it is amazing how a plant, that looks like
it's never going to come back to life again, just
burst with greenery when you have had rain
And only rain will do it...
I've had a lovely few days away with Border Girl
& Mr Music...
we were really Wild Women too...
we hung-out watching DvD's & crocheting...
so much fun & so relaxing...
Before I went away I was able to post a few
crocheted squares away to my blogging friend,
Mrs. Twins...
She is making blankets/lap rugs for the Elderly
& is asking for any help you can give her by way
of a couple of squares... even if they are the ones
you have made to try out a pattern or yarn....
Do pop on over to her place & read this lovely
post all about why she is so enthused to make
these rugs... it's a truly lovely post...
Here is a selection of squares that I made, some
of which I have posted on to Mrs Twins.

I found this granny square with a difference on
the web a while ago so had to give it a try...
Here I'm trying to work-out where it is best to
change colours...

I do really like to as it is just that bit different...

This one I found in a mag. - something really
different in the way of a square & quite easy to do

I was a bit lazy with this one as I crocheted the
flower separate & added it later...

This has to be one of my favourite crocheted
flowers...

This is the usual old granny square...

Always looks lovely with different colours...

This one is the same at the first one only in a
multitude of colours...

I love this variegated yarn... so many yummy
colours in it...

Another colour combo...

They are so easy & quick to make...

This one is a bit different with loops going into
the next row...

A pattern from Sarah London...

May have shown up better with 3 colours...
Angel Messages...
Life is the eternal flow of 'Now'.
Feel the essences of Now
and live in the Now.

16 comments:

Mrs Twins said...

Dear Bethel,
Thank you so......much. Postie has been and gone :( Sorry. Not today, maybe tomorrow. I'll let you know.
I can't thank you enough for the lovely squares, you've made some really pretty ones there! Gorgeous, oooh I am so....excited! THat wonderful post too, fantastico!! I appreciate you mentioning on your blog. Rain, well we have some here too, 'SNAP!' :) !!!!
Have a good day and please join in everyone!
Hugs and Love Sue x

Carol said...

Your crochet squares are lovely. Very pretty color combinations and patterns. One of these years I will master it.

Terri Kahrs said...

My grandmom taught me how to crochet many years ago, and these have really brought back some wonderful memories! Hugs, Terri

Aussie Maria said...

Well done Bethel, just saw the squares over at Mrs Twins blog. They look fantastic
And thank goodness for the soft, gentle, but drenching rain

Karin said...

Hi Bethel!

Your squares are great, especially the one with the pink flower!
Your angel message is so true.
Where do you get these messages? From cards or the WorldWideWeb?

~X~ Karin

Quiltsmiles said...

HI Bethel,
It's great to meet you. Love your crochet, it's so colorful and unique. Your pictures reminded me of a granny square blanket I made years ago. Thanks for the warm memories and happy stitchin!
Smiles,
Jane

Kellie said...

OH Bethel. Such pretty colors. I haven't peeked for a bit and then I see all your beautiful crochety - (that's not crotchety- haha)bits. So inspiring!

Patricia said...

Thanks so much for your visit to my blog.Your crochet work is beautiful - I have to visit again. Please include me in your drawing. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda Fleming said...

After 4 years of drought, we're getting some winrer rain this year, which is unusual but quite welcome. Out winter months are usually very dry in Florida. Glad you got some rain for your garden.

When I go looking for Edna Mae, I'll see if she has a sister or cousin who is good at gardening and wants to move Down Under to be your sister wife- hee hee!

Cat said...

I like what you're doing here Bethel!
Happy crochet hooks!

Molly said...

Your squares are just so delightful, and I love all the variegated yarn. These will really brighten up someone's day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethel,

Tokushima is so close to here, I can practically reach out and touch it! I'm so happy to meet someone who has actually been here, or, at least, drove through here on the expressway, LOL. My husband is Japanese, hence my being in Japan long-term, just the opposite of your nephew! Your slideshow is fabulous. It looks like you have traveled the world quite a bit. I hope to make it to Australia some day too and will have to look you up when I do. Please stop by here the next time you visit your nephew as well. You are always welcome!
Janine, a.k.a Crafty Tokyo Mama

PaisleyJade said...

I love them so much - especially the ones with the flowers!!!

Nicole and Andrew said...

your crochet squares look great
i like the pattern for the second :o)
great bog :o)
thanks for popping over to my blog on your magic carpet

Susan said...

gorgeous grannies!!

patchwork said...

the various combination of pattern makes the simple pattern look very wonderful.