Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Tuesday 1 September 2009

166

Welcome to Spring... gosh it's the 1st September here Down Under & the weather is very changeable at the mo...
I have worked for 2 & half days putting photos up on my Flickr account for you to see all the wonderful crochet - ArtWork - in the Sydney Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef... the display has now closed but I will never forget it with the photos that I have... Do pop on over here & have a look... I have two sets of photos one of the reefs & how they were set up & the other just shows you the wonderful colours & texture of the crochet & all... You will be surprised to see all the different fibres/stuff/things that were used to make this wonderful crocheted reef...

Thanks to the girls from In Stitches for your incredible work of setting the reefs up - I know there was a lot more work than that, what with collecting & sorting & & &... the list goes on & now the pulling down... very time consuming but do know we appreciate it & it was the most fabulous show - 10 days wasn't really long enough eh?
Please do have a look & if you recognise 'your' piece of coral, pop on up to the top left of the photo & add a note... drag the square to your lovely piece of coral or even if it's one you want to ask something or say something about... it would be just so wonderful to know you all & know what you all think of the installation... look forward to meetin' you there...
Enjoy your spring...

3 comments:

Susie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! It sure beats our train car reefs we have here.

Attic24 said...

Thank you SO much for letting me know about this, I'm really excited to look at all the pics when I get a chance. It looks truly amazing, such creativity and colour, makes my heart squeeze!

We have a similar on-going reef creation here in the UK, I saw it last Autumn at a local knit/sticth show and hoping to see it again this yr to see how it's developped.
ahhhhhhh the Wonderful World of Hooking, never ceases to inspire and amaze me :o)
love to you
lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Art4Sol said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos...the work is unbelievable!!!!! How lucky of you to see this exhibit!