Thank You for popping over... if I have gone AWL, again...
Please come a knocking over at this door... I am, no doubt, up to something, as per usual...



Monday 5 May 2008

Wedding Card ...

I can now show you the wedding card I made for our O/S daughter to give her girlfriend for her wedding this w/e. Yes it is another birdie one [ really do have these birds on the brain don't I...] but when I was at my daughter's place for Anzac Day she had the latest[here that is] Creating Keepsakes? think that was the name of the scrapbooking mag but ex-pat Emily Falconbridge had an article in this book about painting a bird book so this is how this version of my birds card came about ... Em was covering the bird book with paper towel - of course mine is a much smaller version but I still liked it as one layer of paper towel came off one bird so the birds are a tad different being one negative & the other positive - if you get my drift [OK got pull a piece of paper towel apart & you'll see what I mean ... ha ha] I painted them with pearl white paint & then highlighted them with gold paint - hope they liked it as it was going to be a 30 min card that turned into a 3 hour card - as I always seem to be so good at doing.... talking card making I'm off to my shed now to make another batch of cards today.
this evening I'm picking up my youngest daughter with her tiddly winks. They are sleeping over then in the morning we pick-up our O/S daughter who is staying an hour or so away for the wedding & then we are off up to our eldest daughter for a couple of nights ... poor old Pa has to stay at home with Gilly no more room in the vehicle [secretly he is pleased - time to himself ... loves the Grandies but only in small doses ... ha ha] So we should have a wonderful girlie/family time over the next few days. Well it's off to the shed now ... first things first...

5 comments:

artisbliss said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, Bethel. I'm glad you like the rug, I'm very pleased with how it looks, too. When things get a bit more organized in there I'll post some photos.

artbrat said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the lion.

Your card is beautiful. I've never used the paper napkins but have been intrigued by that for mixed media for a few months. Maybe I'll give it a go soon.

Shop girl said...

Love the card, and a great idea.
Hope you are having a fun spring! Hugs, Mary

Maureen said...

Love the card, the birds are great!

Jen Crossley said...

The card is beautiful Bethel I would expect nothing less from you Beautiful
Jen